I, too, am saddened by the shocking news of Kwai Fun's sudden passing.
I did not know Kwai Fun at all until the 2007 reunion dinner in Toronto. I was immediately impressed by her aura of serenity and warmth, and have come to associate her with kindness, the very quality so many of you have singled out as her hallmark. Ever since, when I had a chance to join in the lunch gatherings, I had looked forward to her presence with her welcoming smile.
You will also agree that she was a gifted calligrapher of a calibre rarely achieved by overseas Chinese of our generation (and as far as I am concerned, by any Chinese in any generation). I will forever treasure her generous gift of the poem adorned with her exquisite penmanship. If any one who was not at the dinner wants a copy, I will be happy to scan it for you.
Please let me know when the memorial service will be. I will try my best to join you in spirit.
I also have a request: Will anyone who knew her well be willing to write an "in memoriam" in her honor? I will offer my service to do the editing.
Frieda from Arizona
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment